National Parks & Monuments

U.S. Forest Service 

The U.S. Forest Service manages 9 million acres of forest lands in New Mexico. Permits are granted by the local Forest Ranger District Office. The permit process includes an application, the standard liability insurance coverage and a summary of the shoot. Please contact your local office to determine lead time and permit fees. Forest fire restrictions may apply.

Click here for pre-cleared film locations in the Santa Fe National Forest.

U.S. Forest Service Offices

Carson National Forest
Cibola National Forest
Gila National Forest
Lincoln National Forest
Santa Fe National Forest

National Parks & Monuments 

The National Park administers 15 national historical parks/monuments in New Mexico. National Park Service Commercial Filming permits are issued by each individual Park Superintendent. Please contact your local office to determine lead time and permit fees.

For more information you may call the New Mexico Film Office or contact the Park Superintendent at the following locations:

National Parks and Monuments Offices 

Aztec Ruins National Monument
(Aztec): (505) 334-6174

Bandelier National Monument
(Los Alamos): (505) 672-3861

Capulin Volcano National Monument
(Capulin): (575) 278-2201

Carlsbad Caverns National Park
(Carlsbad): (575) 785-2232

Chaco Culture National Historical Park
(Nageezi): (505) 786-7014

El Malpais National Monument
(Grants): (505) 285-5406

El Morro National Monument
(Ramah): (505) 783-4226

Fort Union National Monument
(Watrous): (505) 425-8025

Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument
(Silver City): (575) 536-9461

Manhattan Project National Historic Park
(Los Alamos): (505) 661-6277

Pecos National Historical Park
(Pecos): (505) 757-6414

Petroglyph National Monument
(Albuquerque): (505) 899-0205

Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument
(Mountainair): (505) 847-2585

Valles Caldera
(Jemez Springs): (575) 829-4100 x3

White Sands National Park
(Alamogordo): (575) 479-6124 ext. 231